Saturday, February 20, 2010

Combining Goals

The task of improving ALL aspects of your life may seem daunting, even impossible. I find it helps to start small, as Josh said in the previous blog. Also, it helps to combine goals. For example, I am currently working on weight loss and fitness goals. Every week, I set a goal of about how much I would like to lose this week, as well as how many times I will get some sort of exercise. I find mentally thinking about when and how I will work out motivates me to do it.
As part of my fitness goal, I have registered to participate in Fight for Clean Air Climb
This event is part of the American Lung Association. In about one month, I will run up 68 flights of stairs to support my support for the fight for clean air. My goals are: 1) to raise 100 dollars for the organization in pledges, and 2)run the entire way up the stairs, without stopping.
So, in order to achieve this goal, I am working my body by training for this race. Also, I am working my spiritual side. The American Lung Association is particularly important to me because my paternal grandfather passed away from lung cancer 11 years ago. He was not a regular smoker. So, while some say people who die of lung cancer are asking for it, this is not true. I feel as though I am doing something for him, even though he is no longer with me. Are you looking to lose weight or get in shape? I encourage you to register for a race or walk that helps an organization you are touched by. Not only will the fact that you will be timed help your fitness goals, you will also feel good inside by helping someone you love!

To donate to my cause please visit my fundraising site.

Thank you and stay tuned for recipes from me!

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment