Thursday, July 22, 2010

First 5k!

I went wedding dress shopping today and it added to my realization that I have gained weight through focusing on the classroom, my part-time job and moving.  Not a lot, but some dresses were snugger than I would like!
Josh and I recently registered for a 5k!!  It is my first.  Josh has been a serious runner for most of his life, so it will be easy for him.  I plan on beginning training soon.  I got "5 weeks to your first 5k" on Runner's World's website. 
I am excited to train my body to run again for an extended amount of time.  Not only will it help me tone, it is something Josh and I can do together!

Anyone out there have tips on 5k training?  I would love to hear it!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck training! I've always wanted to run a 5k but have never done it.

    ReplyDelete