Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hot Hot Hot!

***sorry for no pictures!  I made an error when uploading the pics and lost them!

On swelterting hot days like today I do not feel like eating anything but ice cream and water! The thought of standing in a noiling kitchen is exhausting.  But, I did not let this stop me from preparing a nutrious dinner!  Last night we had leftover burgers.  To add extra flavor I topped mine with homemade guac.

Tonight I changed it up and made pasta with peas and sausage. (adapted from Family Circle)

I started with al fresco chicken sausage, roasted garlic flavor.  I cut the whole package into about 1/2 inch rounds.  Then I browned them up in a little evoo and set aside.

In the same pan, I mixed together about 2 cups pasta sauce, a cup frozen peas, and 1/2 cup chicken broth.  Heat through, then add to your favorite pasta!  I used penne.

Hope everyone's staying cool!  I am off to prepare for an interview I have tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that you're back! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete