Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sometimes Plan B is better...

This past weekend Josh took me out to dinner to celebrate my job position.  We decided to try Plan B, which is restuarant with a few locations in Connecticut that I have been wanting to try for years.  It is natural so you don't have to worry about what you are putting in your mouth (or your kids, it is very family friendly!)

I was immediately impressed because although it was a crowded Saturday night, we were addressed right away and there was only a thirty minute wait.  While we waited for our table, I tried a beer.  Plan B is famous for its burgers and booze.  I like light beers so I had Hooker Blonde Ale.
A perfect way to start the weekend!













When we sat, we were taken aback by the menu choices.  Josh and I immediately decided we need to come back to this place to try more things!! For an appetizer we had portobello mushroom fries.  The mushroom wedges are covered with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and served with a ranch and a horseradish sauce.

As you can see, they were so good Josh didn't stop eating them long enough for me to take the pic!  Another thing I loved about the place was the fact that I didn't feel weird at all whipping out my cell phone to take pics of the deliciouness.

For my entree I decided on the New Englander.  It is natural beef burger topped with corn, tomato, and LOBSTER.  It was as mouth watering as it sounds.  I paired it with organic field greens.

I will definately be back to Plan B, and I would recommend it to anyone!

1 comment: