Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Progress!

Hello friends!  Hope you are beating the heat.  Recently I told you about how I will be running my first 5K at the end of September...feeling nervous/excited!  I will start intense training late this month, but I have been running with Josh in the morning two or three times a week.  I have run each time straight without stopping!! This is a major accomplishment for me.  I don't know if it is having a running partner, or the goal event of the end of next month, but I am very motivated to turn myself into a full-fledged runner!!  We have also been doing yoga which stops achy muscles after running.  Coupled with those, I am working my abs, arms and core using Perfect Push Up and Perfect Pull Up with ab straps.  If you are thinking about purchasing it, I highly recommend it!!  On day 3 of 21, I am already seeing and feeling results.


When working out in the morning, it is important for me to have a nutrious breakfast.  I recently got the opportunity to try Kellogg's new cereals, FiberPlus.  Along with Cinnamon Oat which is pictured, there is Berry and Yogurt.  I enjoyed the cereals, but didn't see anything spectacular about them.  They tasted good but I would prefer to get my morning fiber through oatmeal or fruit.  What does anyone else out there think?
I'll leave you tonight with a picture from tonight's dinner.  I used zuchinni, basil and parsely fresh from my mom's garden as add ins to pasta sauce, along with shrimp, and poured it over whole wheat pasta. 



What did you have for dinner tonight?

2 comments:

  1. Love the new layout! Last night I had pasta and peas. I've been on a pasta kick lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you love the day when you realize "I AM a runner!" so great chickie!!!

    ReplyDelete