Friday, August 6, 2010

Money saving Tip...and it's Healthy Too!!


Josh and I have sworn off processed lunchmeats.  We were in the bad habit of turning to them almost everyday for our lunches.  I hope you all know how bad they are for you!  Anything that is that processed shouldn't go in your body consistently. 

So, we decided to go another route when shopping at Stew Leonard's.  I bought a naked rotissiere chicken.  Naked means it's organic and natural.  This chicken amazingly lasted us TWO weeks! For $5.99, it made us about eight sandwiches.  Now this was what was left of this bird this morning.







I used it to make chicken stock by simmering it in hot water for about an hour. I also added fresh parsley and basil. My apartment smelled fantastic!


Then smiply use a slotted spoon to remove bone. The meat falls right off the bone!

2 comments:

  1. What a great tip! My hubby and I are suckers for the lunchmeat sandwiches too...they are too easy to make. I need to buy myself a chicken and roast it. About the hot sauce question on my blog-yes, I put it on all kinds of pasta that I make at home. If I order it at a restaurant though, I don't add any :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-and thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete