Thursday, August 5, 2010

Grilled Chicken and Fried Zucchini

I never ate hot sauce until I met Josh, now I cannot get enough!  When a college friend of mine facebooked about using Frank's Red Hot Sauce to marinate chicken, I couldn't resist trying it!  This morning, I poked holes in the skinless chicken, and let it sit in the sauce.

Then, I simply grilled it on my foreman.  The sauce made the chicken so juicy and moist!!  What an excellent idea!


I also have a plethora of zucchini from my mom's garden so I decided to try to frying it.  I got this recipe from Cooks.com.
In a bowl, mix one egg, 1/3 cup low-fat milk (I used rice milk), 1 cup flour (I used oat) and salt and pepper to taste.  Add water or flour to thin or thicken the batter if neccesary. 

Cut zucchini into steak fry size.  KEEP the peel on!! Dredge the zukes into the batter and depp fry in 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
***Here's a tip I learned from Rachael Ray.  To tell if oil is ready, stick a wooden spoon it center of pot.  If bubbles rapidly come up from around it, the oil's ready.


The Finished Products

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE hot sauce! I even put it on my pasta (shh...don't tell my Italian grandmom!) lol

    ReplyDelete