Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taking chances in the kitchen

Hello all!  I am busy getting prepared for the start of the year.  I have been in my classroom everyday for the past week and a half and I am so excited for school to start! 

Even though I am SUPER busy, it is important for me to still take time to eat right and exercise.  I have been making time to run (even if it's just a little) in the mornings so it is out of the way and I don't have to worry about it when I get home. 

I had the opportunity to try Arnold's Sandwich Thins.  You may have seen them on foodbuzz or in stores.  I love them because you can see the good grains right in them.  They are also high in fiber and low in calories.  Perfect for a quick meal on the run on busy days.



You may be wondering why I titled this post taking chances.  Although I LOVE to cook and make modications to recipes I find all the time, I rarely come up with a recipe all on my own.  I have been cooking for about two years so I still consider myself a novice.  I am proud to say this recipe was created completley by me!!  The only stipulation by Foodbuzz was to have something grilled :)

I started by marinating a pound of pork in italian dressing all day.  Then, I grilled it on my george foreman about 12 minutes.
Then, I cut it into strips perfect for a pork sandwich. 

I love the grill marks!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE red and yellow peppers.  I love the sweetness, the bright colors, and the crunch. 

I cut each pepper into strips, then grilled those too.  I do not like overcooking vegetable, so I left the strips in the foreman only about 3 minutes.

Then, it was time to put it all together!  I sprinkled a little mozzarella on the bottom of each sandwich, then topped with pork and peppers.


It was pretty yummy if I say so myself :)

Has anyone tried any new food products lately??

2 comments:

  1. I just reviewed the wheat sandwich thins on my blog this morning. I've been loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The looks amazing. You know what would make that sandwich absolutely perfect: Annie's Roasted Red Pepper dressing. It's a line of all-natural, organic dressings that I recently tried. They are very light and very flavorful. You can either find them at a Whole Foods, or your local supermarket if they have an organic section. I am going to try the Papaya Poppyseed dressing next. I'll let you know how it is.

    ReplyDelete