Saturday, April 3, 2010

Burger Night

YAY! The weather in CT has been fantastic!  Nothing goes with good weather than summer food!

If you are like me, sometimes you get a craving for a juicy, delicous BURGER.  Since WW, I have made the switch to ground turkey instead of beef but still love to have a good burger once in while.  I couldn't resist this recipe because the burger is stuffed with cheese! 

Adapted from WW Momentum  5 points per burger

Take 1 lb of ground turkey and add 3/4 tsp dried oregano and 1/4 tsp black pepper.  Mix together.  Then form the turkey into 8 small patties.

Put about 2 TB feta cheese on top of four of the patties.  Then top with another patty.  Like a little sandwich!

Put 2 tsp olive oil in a large skillet and heat over med-high heat.  Add the patties and cook to your doneness choice! 

One thing I have learned is once you set meat in the pan, leave it alone!  Otherwise it might fall apart or not cook evenly.


The finished guys

I put the burgers on low cal whole wheat buns and  added lots of lettuce for a crunch.


Don't forget to enter my popchip giveaway!  (details in Popchip giveaway post)

Later tonight I will be headed to my parent's home to celebrate Easter.  I will be making Chocolate Walnut Biscotti which I make every year.  Do you have a special Easter or springtime food??

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic. I made turkey burgers last night, they were yummy. Garlic powder, onions, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil and curry powder. Oh my god, heaven in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete