Saturday, April 17, 2010

Upside Down Pizza

After a hectic week, upside down pizza is fitting for our weekend lunch!  Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to show you all something.  Last night Personal Trainer Josh and I indulged in some chinese food.  We both got out of work after nine, and I was not in the mood to cook! 

Josh had General Tso's with pork fried rice



I had chicken with cashews with the sauce on the side.

Seeing these two dishes side by side amazed me.  Looks how healthy chinese food looks without the sauce!  The sauce of General Tso's totally depletes all the good stuff out of broccoli.  Not that it isn't delicious :)  Oh how I miss pork fried rice!  But, I did feel good about my choice.  The restaurant gave me about 2 cups of sauce to go with my dinner.  I used only 1/4 cup and still felt satisfied and had the "being naughty" take-out feeling!


Onto the pizza..this recipe instantly attracted me because I LOVE peppers and onions on pizza.  This recipe is adapted from WW...5 points per slice


Thinly chop 2 peppers, any color you like.  I chose red and green because they were on sale this week.  Love the colors!  Also thinly chop a small onion. 

In a large skillet, sprayed with nonstick spray, cook peppers and onion, about 5 minutes.  Just until tender.  Take off heat and sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups low-fat mozzarella. 


Roll out 1 lb of pizza dough. I used whole wheat dough because it's healthier and I like the taste.  The recipe called for regular dough, so use whatever you'd like!  Roll it out to your skillet size.  Place on top of peppers and prick in several places with a fork.


Put in bottom of 450 degree oven for 20 minutes.

When done, take out and flip upside down onto plate.  Sprinkle with parm cheese if you'd like.

My mouth started watering when I saw out this came out...SO DELICOUS.

What's your favorite pizza topping?

5 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! The pizza, NOT the General Tso's chicken lol

    my fave topping used to be pepperoni but now I love a pizza loaded with veggies! esp mushrooms and olives =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upside down pizza! Very cool! I'm a huge veggie pizza fan but I also have a spot spot for pineapple- but only pineapple and no meat on my pizza!

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be good with the chinese food, I am a sucker for fried rice too!! The upside down pizza looks awesome... my favorite toppings on a pizza are mushrooms and loads of veggies!

    Have a great day girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! My favorite pizza topping is cheese. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE YOUR BLOG

    o and mine is veggies and pineapple

    ReplyDelete