Tuesday, April 13, 2010

NO EXCUSES

I have had a lot going on with trying to find a long-term sub position and starting another part-time job.  Also, the warm weather does not make me wanna sit typing on my laptop :)  I feel like I have been neglecting all of your blogs!  I apoligize, I just have to get re-adjusted to my new schedule!

This weekend I was able to get  a hilly walk in on my parents' properties.  Yesterday, between jobs, I did a mile run.  Some people are surprised with me when I tell them I fit in exercise between jobs, they think I am overdoing it.  The way I see it, if I said I am too busy to exercise because I work multiple jobs, I would just be making excuses. You can fit in anything you want to fit in...and exercise is crucial to fit into even the most hectic schedule! I still have a lot of weight to lose so it's NO EXCUSES for me :)

Tonight's dinner was pork chops and kale.  Adapted from WW- 6 points
I like the small ones...they cook quicker!

Take 24 oz of pork chops and seasons with salt and pepper.  Heat a tsp of evoo in a skillet over med-high heat.  Brown the chops, about 5 minutes then transfer to a plate.

Add one thinly sliced onion and 1/4 cup water to the skillet and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat and simmer, with the cover until onions are tender (12-15 mins).


Sprinkle the onions with 2 tsp flour and stir constantly for one minute.  Add 1 cup broth, 1 tsp mustard and 1 tsp ground thyme.  Bring to a boil and stir until sauce bubbles and thickens.  Return chops to skillet.  Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until chops are heated through again.


This sauce smelled so good once it started bubbling!







I served with steamed kale...just steamed and sprinkled with some crushed red pepper and some lemon zest.

I LOVE pork.  I like making porkchops like these, and also stuffed porkchops.  How do you prepare pork?

2 comments:

  1. I want to try kale, but am nervous too. I've seen it on a lot of blogs, so I think it's time for me to bite the bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kale Chips! I feel like I am being naughty when I eat them lol

    I am studying for my ace certification...I worked at Bally's and was certified by AAAI/ISMA but now I want to get certified via ACE since they are more reputable =)

    AND I would love to have you do a guest post...email me =)

    ReplyDelete