Sunday, April 11, 2010

Eating Less

Due to some emotional eating lately, my weight has been flucuating the past couple weeks.  One way I am going to help get my weight back down is Portion Control.  Josh and I love munching on these rice cakes from Aldi:

They are so yummy!  However, we sometimes found ourselves consuming the whole bag rather quickly.

My solution?  Separate the rice cakes into suggested serving size right when I get the bag home!

Each serving is about nine rice cakes.  So when I get home from the grocery store, I take all snacks that are in a bag like this, and separate them into serving sized bags.

This way, Josh and I are not tempted to overeat.  If you are wondered about bag use like I am, just resue the bags!

What's your favorite snack?

4 comments:

  1. I have to becareful when I sit down with a bag of mini ricecakes...I think just because they are "healthy" I can enjoy the whole bag! oops lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I have a favorite-I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portion control is a definite most on a diet. It is so easy going over your allotted calories, without noticing it. Right now, I am keeping a daily journal of my eats and it is really helping me keep in track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a great idea to separate the snacks into their serving size! I'll have to try that. In terms of my favorite snacks, they change constantly. I am currently snacking on mangoes. Clementines are also one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete