Thursday, March 11, 2010

Check out this Chicken Tetrazzini

My mind is already on the weekend!  I wanted a casserole dish for tonight so I could put it together and forget about it-low maintenance!

This chicken tetrazzini is from Weight Watchers Online.  Tracking is definately working for me!  So far, I have lost 16 pounds.  Seems like everyday someone new says, "have you lost weight?"  SUCH a great feeling!  I chose weight watchers online versus attending meetings because it was more cost effective for me and I am lucky enough to have a very supportive household and family.  Personal Trainer Josh actually reminds me to track my points and my family never gets annoyed when I ask them about every ingredient in the food they've made.  I also love weight watchers because I can eat the things I crave.  For example, tonight I wanted something that tastes rich and creamy.  Lots of recipes that cater to that but are not high in calories!

Chicken Tetrazzini (Adapted from WW) 7 points

Ingredients:

12 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta
2 TB fat-free margarine
3 TB, vinegar
1 pound mushrooms, sliced (about 6 cups)
1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
1 cup fat free milk
2 TB cornstarch
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
3 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup frozen veggies (any kind you like) thawed
3 TB Parmesan cheese


Preparation:

1. Cook pasta normally, but add salt to water before boiling.

2. Preheat oven to 375.  Coat 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.

3. Heat 1 TB of margarine and vinegar together in large nonstick skillet over med. heat.  Add mushrooms and cook until soft.  Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.

4. Whisk the broth, milk, and cornstarch together in medium saucepan until smooth.  Stir in remaining tablespoon of margarine. 

5. Set the saucepan with broth mixture over medium heat.  Cook and stir for about 8 minutes, until thickened and bubbly. (Like at right)  Stir in thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper..  Remove sauce from heat and stir in sour cream. 

6. Combine noodles, chicken, mushrooms, frozen veggies, and sauce together in a large bowl.  Pour into pan and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Bake about 20 minutes in oven.

Serves 8 or less if you want more like we did! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan of casseroles-this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete