Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Jog and Dessert

Yesterday I promised you all I would STAY motivated and resume the exercise regime....I was true to my word!


This weekend has been fabulous...last night Personal Trainer Josh and I had a very much needed night out.  We saw Shutter Island.  It was suspenseful, thought provoking and a great movie on a rainy windy night!




This morning I woke up refreshed and ready to go....after a hearty breakfast.  Every Sunday morning we make some sort of egg dish.  Today I sauted some leftover spinach with egg substitute and turkey bacon...yum!


Eating this was in preparation for what I knew was coming....Josh took me on 2 mile jog.  I was hurting, but did not stop jogging!  The hill was the hardest part.  Once I got that done I knew I could manage the rest!


I think after pushing myself that hard, I need a little indulgence!  Readers of Healthy Mom on The Run may know we do Sunday dinner every week, and I make the dessert!


Now, let me tell you, I am a serious baker.  I have a sweet tooth and do not like to skimp on the sweet stuff!  I would rather eat less of something rich than eat a dessrt with lots of fake sugar, etc.  I found this recipe for Chocolate Truffles, again in Weight Watchers Five Star Recipes...great book, given to me by Healthy Mom on the Run! (Thanks Sarah!!) 






This recipe called for mint chocolate chips...not being able to find these, I decided to use peanut butter and chocolate chips...just as good :) 




Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles- 1 point each


Ingredients:
1/3 cup semisweet peanut butter chocolate morsels
1/2 cup 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 cups powedered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 TB peanut butter chocolate morsels


***Warning this recipe is very sticky and messy!!
1. Place 1/3 cup morsels in a medium glass bowl, and microwave on high 1 minute or until morsels are just melted, stirring until smooth.  Let cool slightly.


2. Add cream cheese to morsels and beat until smooth.  Add 2 cups powdered sugar to cheese mixture, beat until well blended.  Press mixture into a 6 inch square on plastic wrap, and cover with additional plastic wrap.  Chill at least one hour.  (I chilled it in the freezer for 1 and half hours and it was still very sticky---you may want to go longer to avoid a mess)

3. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap; cut mixture into 48 squares. 



I pre-scored the chocolate mix.   Roll each square into a ball and roll half of the balls into cocoa powder, the other half in powdered sugar.

4. Place 2 TB morsels in heavy duty plastic bag and microwave on high 1 minutes or until morsels are softened.  Knead bag until morsels are smooth.  Snip a tiny hole in corner of the bag and drizzle over the truffles. 

The recipe says to serve at room temperature...because I used peanut butter, I decided to serve them chilled.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go with the exercise!! I'm definitely going to try those pb truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay you for sticking to your jog! I know what you mean about the hills, they can be super painful but you made it to the other side and that is all that matter! great job chica!

    ReplyDelete