Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring is Coming!

The beautiful March lamb weather we are experiencing this weekend has really inspired me to bring my exercise routine back outside!  Doing exercises indoors or at the gym is great, but I feel so refreshed and peaceful after a good workout outdoors.

So my exercise schedule this week will look like this (if everything goes according to plan!)

Sunday: Shape Magazine workout with clock lunges, resistance band exercises and squats.  Followed by 25 situps and 25 reverse crunches.

Monday: Run 1 mile followed by twenty minute Shiva Rea Daily Energy Yoga

These yoga workouts are fantastic! I was introduced to this type of yoga from my sister who sent me this DVD for my birthday. You can choose which workouts you would like to do from a menu, then the DVD plays them one after another so you can focus on certain areas depending on what you want to work on.  This DVD has 7 20 minutes practices to mix and match.  I especially love the "water routine" after a workout because it loosens everything.

Tuesday: Circuit workout, given to me by Personal Trainer Josh.  This workout to come later this week!

Wednesday: Jog 1 mile followed by yoga set

Thursday: Circuit workout

Friday: off

Saturday: Circuit workout OR Jog 1 mile, and 20 minutes Yoga

I will let you know how these workouts go!  How are you planning to fit in fitness this week?

4 comments:

  1. lol you guys are confusing me, I never know which one is writing the post...ya'll should put a "signature" at the end lol

    I tried the Shiva rae yoga routine about a month ago and I wanted to like it, I really did...pero I didn't =/

    you workout plan for the week, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try that DVD. Sounds great :) Maybe we could go for a walk this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing week girl! I did Shiva Rae's pregnancy yoga dvd and it was wonderful! I love her :)

    ReplyDelete