Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Night Pizza

Today has a been a GORGEOUS almost summer-weather day in Connecticut!  I hope everyone experieincing the same type of weather got to spend some time outside...everyone needs Vitamin D! 

Fridays during Lent=no meat which takes away a lot of my quick go-to recipes.  I do however love a good pizza with tomato and basil. (adapted from WW)

I love this recipe starts with a pre-made pizza dough.  I used Boboli, an oldie but a goodie.

Sprinkle 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese over the crust, leaving a rim for the crust.

Then top with a layer of sliced tomatoes, minced garlic, another 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper.

Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, depending on how crisp you want the crust.

Then sprinkle with fresh basil.


This pizza is fresh tasting and delicious.  One sixth of the pizza is 5 points for weight watchers!

Personal Trainer Josh and I enjoyed it with some sweet potato fries...another easy side!  Just cut a potato into wedges, sprinkle with salt and bake at 400 for 30 minutes!  If you are anything like me, you do not want to spend hours in the kitchen on a Friday night after a long work week.

Tomorrow is my weekly weigh-in for WW...I feel like I may have reached my 10 percent loss goal!! Fingers crossed.  Earlier this week I took my spring clothes out of storage and already two shirts that didn't fit last year fit now!  So if not, at least I have made one accomplishment...I will let you know!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment