Thursday, March 11, 2010

Circuit Workout

Day 5 of the week and I still have stuck to my exercise schedule.  If you know me, you know this isn't usually the case! 

I LOVE doing this workout. Personal Trainer Josh got it from a friend.  I like it because it is quick (20-25 minutes) and targets all your areas.  It keeps me toned in between cardio.  Also, all the different sets keep me interested.  If I do the same thing for too long I get bored and won't do it! *Of course, always consult your physcian before starting any exercise routine!

I do this whole circuit 3 times

1. Wall Squat- Squat against wall with feets shoulder width apart.  Put hands in air and slowly squat down.  Rise up slowly ten times.

2. 10 lunges, 5 each leg.

3. Single-leg calf raise.  Stand with one leg bent behind you (like you'd hop on one foot).  Hold a 5 lb weight in opposite hand.  Hold for 30 seconds.  Switch weight hand and bent leg and repeat.

4. Push-ups.  Do 10 regular, 5 triangle (form your pointer fingers and thumbs into a triangle) and 10 more regular pushups. ***One tip I learned from Josh when doing pushups, make sure  your arms are lined up with your shoulders, not angled.

5. Ten bent-over rows.  Hold a 5 lb weight in each hand.  Bend over (leaning forward) and slowly briung hands back and forward again.

6. 15 Bench dips.  Get on the floor with feet on floor and hands holding you up behind your back.  Slowly bend arms to lower your body down, then rise again slowly. 

7. Lateral raises- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.  Hold a 5 lb weight in each hand.  Slowly raise your arm to shoulder height, and lower slowly.  Do ten times.

8. Ten seated dumbbell curl.  Hold a ten lb weight in each hand, Sit in chair.  Lift forearms up slowly and down.  Do ten times. 

9. Ten back extensions.  Lay on floor or yoga mat.  Put hands by your ears and slowly lift chest up. Slowly let down.

10. 25 crunches or sit-ups!

Do whole routine 3 times and you'll feel toned and great!

Chicken Tetrazinni recipe coming tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment