Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One of my faves!

Today has been a good, productive day!  I did a half hour workout, mailed out teaching applications, did laundry and done dinner ready and finished by 7! (usually much later!) 

I have a confession....I LOVE fattening foods.  I am not ashamed to admit that!  Occasionally I do indulge something that is probably 20 weight watchers points.  Of course, that is very seldom so I get through my cravings with substitutes.  Tonight I made a weight watchers Philly Cheesesteak and Hungry Girl Butternut squash fries with the fixings.  SOOOO delicious and not terrible for me so I don't have to feel badly after a hard workout this Personal Trainer Josh earlier.


Philly Cheesesteak--WW 5 points

1. Heat 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.  Add 1 1/2 cups chopped onion and cook for about ten minutes.  Then, add 1 1/2 cups chopped pepper and cook about 4 minutes more.  Add black pepper to taste.

2. Preheat broiler and spray 4 slices of bread (any kind you like) with cooking spray.  Place on baking sheet and top with 2 oz thinly sliced roast beef, 1 slice of swiss cheese and 1/4 of the onion mixture.

I think it helps to pre-score the mixture with my spoon so I know how much to put on each bread.

3. Broil 2 minuetes and you are done!


Butternut Squash Fries- 4 points but soooo worth it

1. Mix 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream and 1/2 TB ranch dressing mix in a bowl and refrigerate until the rest is ready

2. Cut a 2 lb squash and peel it.  I went the lazy way and bought the already peeled kind.  Cut it into fry shaped sticks then lay on paper towels to absorb moisture.  Sprinkle with salt



3. Preheat oven to 425. Bake 20 minutes on each side.

4. Meanwhile, crisp up 4 slices of turkey bacon then break apart.

5. When fries are done, mix with bacon.  Top with ranch topping and scallions if you'd like.


Heaven on a plate!

2 comments:

  1. As a native Philly girl, I have to say that this is quite possibly the best idea for a low point cheesesteak!

    ReplyDelete