Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Monday

I definitely felt the lost hour when the alarm clock went off this morning...and all day long!  However, I am loving that the longer light hours!

I proudly say that even though it was cold and raining when I left work, I made it outside to run a mile.  Personal Trainer Josh keeps telling me consistency is the key.  I don;t have to overdo myself, just do something 6 days a week.  So that's what I am sticking to :)  I want to make my 10% weight loss by the end of march, AND I am gearing up for Climb for Clean Air where I will run up 68 flights of stairs.  It's only two weeks away!

I wanted something FRESH tasting tonight, so I decided to make a recipe from a blog I love reading, A New Weight of Life with chicken and balsamic vinegar.  To go with it, I made Oriental Pasta Salad from WW.

3 points per serving

Ingredients
3 oz uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
2 TB low-sodium soy sauce
1 TB dark sesame oil

*There is a difference between light and dark sesame.  Dark has a much more distinct taste which adds much flavor to this dish

Preparation:
1 Cook pasta according to directions

I cut the broccoli pretty small so they are bite-sized

I love raw green veggies!  So delish and so good for you

2. While pasta is cooking, steam broccoli until crisp-tender (NOT soggy-yuck!)  Rinse under cold water and drain well.

3. Combine pasta, broccoli, and sauce and sesame oil in bowl.  Cover and chill at least one hour.


3 comments:

  1. WOW I am so impressed by your dedication! great job honey. I am hoping to get out to the park mañana and getting a great run in!

    ReplyDelete