Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Salmon?

Let me start by saying THANK YOU to everyone who has offered support in regards to my running.  Your wonderful comments keep me motivated!

I know practically everyone in America is eating Corned Beef and Cabbage tonight...we are not.  Did you know that corned beef and cabbage is not actually a tradition from Ireland, but was started by Irish immigrants?  I couldn't believe I went 25 years without knowing that!

Anyway Personal Trainer Josh and I will be eating Corned Beef and Red Potatoes with Irish cake for dessert on Saturday so we can fully enjoy the meal....SO tonight's it is some salmon with a ginger-orange glaze and whole wheat couscous.

This is a WW recipe...4 points for the salmon

1. Combine 1/2 cup orange juice, and 1/4 cup each of low-sodium sauce, spicy brown mustard, 2 TB grated ginger, 2 TB honey in a ziploc bag.

2. I pressed ingredients together before putting in 1 pound of salmon fillets.  Then I marinaded them in the fridge for an hour so frozen fillets could thaw and absorb flavor.

3. Preheat broiler.  Place fish on broiler rack with cooking spray.  Cook 5 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade.

4. Bring remaining marinade to boil in a saucepan to serve with fish and couscous.


I ate a cup of couscous and green beans with the fish. I am not really a fish person which is why I coated it with these other flavors!  It tasted great.

2 comments:

  1. I need to get over my fear of cooking fish...that salmon looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love couscous. It's sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete